Everyone has an ancestor who presents a challenge, a mystery waiting to be solved. One such ancestor for me is Charles Hawley, my great granduncle. In the summer of 1910, Charles seemed to drop off the face of the planet.
Today, I am going to share his story in hopes someone out there will be able to help me find him.
- John William Hawley born April 26th, 1887 in West Branch, Ogemaw, Michigan
- Charles Alvin Hawley born June 29th, 1889 in West Branch, Ogemaw, Michigan
- James Edward Hawley born February 3rd, 1892 in Ogemaw County, Michigan
- Joseph D. Hawley born January 10th, 1894 in Churchill, Ogemaw, Michigan
- Elsie R. Hawley born November of 1895
- Amanda M. Hawley born January 1898
- Sero Hawley born January 1st, 1900 in Cumming, Ogemaw, Michigan
- George Russell Hawley born July 29th, 1902 in Cumming, Ogemaw, Michigan
This is where I lose track of Charles. The only indication I have of his death is the obituary of his older brother Frank Hawley.
Frank's obituary states that he has two surviving siblings: Lavina (Hawley) Burt and William Hawley. The obituary does not make any mention of his younger brother Charles. This leads me to believe either the family has lost touch with Charles or he passes away before July 23rd, 1942.